Patient Care Quality
Patient Care Quality
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley’s purpose is to provide the highest quality healthcare services to all people in our communities through the distinct missions of its affiliated members.
To be the destination of choice for regional healthcare services, centering on patient care and community health, while integrating HealthAlliance’s guiding principles of Quality, People, Stewardship and Growth.
Our core values serve as a base and guide for all operational and strategic decisions that are made:
- Respect for the individual
- Integrity in all we do
- Compassionate culture of caring
- Excellence in services delivered
Our core strategies are driven:
- By the desire to transform care delivery,
- Emphasizing customer service and transparency,
- Quality and continuous improvement,
- Smart growth, and
- Efficient use of resources, which leads to the well being for our communities and sustained financial viability.
- Meet the accreditation standards of all organizations having deeming status with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, as well as, all requirements set forth by the New York State Department of Health, OMH, OSHA, NFPA, and OASAS.
- Monitor and improve HCAHPS (Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) scores focusing on the patient experience and continuous performance improvement.
- Implement and maintain a Quality Management System as required by ISO 9001 standards.
- Provide quality patient care and safety by improving the pre-admission, admission, and discharge medication reconciliation processes.
- Participate in IPRO collaborative quality initiatives focusing on
- Medication reconciliation – anticoagulation;
- Discharges – transitions of care; and
- Infection Control – reducing healthcare associated infection.
- Effectively reduce readmission rates.
- Effectively reduce the use of 1:1 sitters.
- Implement Performance Analytics to provide business intelligence to all end-users generated from a single source of truth.