The Oncology Support Program in a unique support community for those affected by cancer. Compassionate professionals visit cancer patients while they are in the hospital and offer comprehensive outpatient services to patients and their caregivers in the nurturing environment of the Herbert H. and Sophia P. Reuner Cancer Support House. Our house is perceived as a “home away from home” by cancer survivors and their loved ones.
The Oncology Support Program offers counseling and a variety of support groups. Dedicated to changing how people perceive and respond to cancer, we offer innovative programs in the healing and creative arts along with education about complementary medicine. Volunteers from our community and graduate interns are invaluable assets to our dedicated team. The Oncology Support Program is committed to ensuring that no one is alone in facing the challenges of cancer.
- Support Groups for Women, Men, Families and Caregivers
- Programs in the Healing Arts including art and music therapy
- Educational Events including programs in complementary medicine
- Wellness Programs and classes including Yoga, Qi Gong, Pilates, “Smartbells” and Nutrition.
- Nurturing Neighborhood Network (peer outreach to cancer patients by trained volunteers)
- The Kids and Teen Connection Programs (activity programs, counseling and lending library for families dealing with Cancer)
- Bi-monthly newsletter, Celebrate Life!
- Lending library of books, tapes, and CD’s
Herbert H. and Sophia P. Reuner Cancer Support House
80 Mary’s Avenue
Kingston, N.Y. 12401
Telephone: (845) 339-2071
Fax: (845) 339-2082