Kingston Auxiliary of HealthAlliance
For more than 124 years, the Kingston Auxiliary of HealthAlliance has been an important and active unit of the Broadway Campus. Dedicated to supporting the hospital’s missions, contributing funds and creating a tradition of volunteerism, the Auxiliary has raised more than $1 million dollars to support projects, programs and equipment needed throughout the Hospital.
Founded in 1891, the Auxiliary began as the Ladies Aid Society, which raised thousands of dollars for a new medical facility. The selfless traditions of this organizations are still going strong today. The Auxiliary runs the Happy Apple Thrift Shop.
Our Board of Directors (photo above)
Front row: Evy Larios; Rose Riozzi, Treasurer; Rozann Attenweiler, Emeritus; Jean Davis; Barbara Ioia, Vice President.
Standing: Barbara Cohen, Secretary; Gail Levy; Beverly Lastig; Linda Tucker; Joyce Wright; Lorraine Trast; Dorry Hagedorn; Janet Spencer; Darlene Bover, President; Amy McAden, Director of Volunteer Services.
If you would like to join the Auxiliary, please call (845) 334-2761 or fill out and submit an application.
The Happy Apple Thrift Shop
Our thrift shop is our major source of income and is staffed and overseen by many auxiliary volunteers. Visit our Facebook page to learn more about our thrift shop.
The Kingston Auxiliary of HealthAlliance is proud to present a $1,000 scholarship to a graduating student at SUNY Ulster who is pursuing a career in a health related field. Scholarships of $1,000 are presented to graduating high school students whose parents are employed at the Broadway Campus. The money raised from market place sales, geranium sales, and the happy Apple Thrift Shop contribute to these awards.