Effective Monday, January 9, 2017, the Margaretville Hospital Outpatient Laboratory Department will be open Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more than 80 years, Margaretville Hospital has provided comprehensive medical services to the residents of Delaware, Greene, Ulster and Schoharie counties. Our fully accredited, 15-bed critical access hospital offers patients immediate access to the best care available.
Whether you need emergency care, ambulatory care services, laboratory testing, medical imaging, physical and occupational therapy, swing bed rehabilitation programs, respite care, board certified specialist or wellness and education, Margaretville Hospital has a range of services to meet the needs of our community without you having to drive miles away to access quality care.
Visiting Hours and Policies
At HealthAlliance Hospitals, we welcome all visitors. We are glad when our patients receive visitors and want to make these visits as comfortable as possible for both the visitor and the patient. Here are some guidelines that will make visits helpful to family members or friends:
- Visitors are welcome at any time during the patient’s stay.
- Visitors are also welcome to stay with a family member or friend when they are in the hospital’s Emergency Department, or are here for outpatient services or Ambulatory Surgery.
- Patients can choose who can and cannot visit them while they are in our healthcare facility without regard to legal relationship, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
- Limits on visiting must be reasonable and based on the patient’s medical condition, and will be explained to the patient and to you.
Reasons for restricting visitors may include, but are not limited to:
- The patient requests restrictions or limitations.
- There are safety concerns, such as risk of infection.
- Visiting interferes with the care of other patients, including the need for their rest and/or privacy
- An existing court order that restricts contact.
- Visitors are disruptive, threatening or violent.
- The patient is in a substance abuse/mental health treatment program that requires limited visiting.
Visits from Children
- Children are welcome to visit a family member, but those under the age of 16 should be supervised by a responsible adult during their visit.
- Young children are expected to stay with an adult who is responsible for supervising them to ensure a safe and restful environment for all patients.
- Younger children are not excluded by age, but supervising adults are encouraged to keep their visit brief.
Free wireless internet connection
Margaretville Hospital is pleased to announce that our Verizon “In-Building Radio-Distribution” device is now activated. This device allows anyone who has Verizon service to make phone calls and access e-mail while inside the Margaretville Hospital. Verizon made this possible with a $25,000 grant that is designed to increase cell service in business establishments that serve the general public.
Margaretville Hospital is a Smoke-Free Campus. No Smoking is permitted inside or outside of the buildings.