Investing in YOU
Keeping Healthcare Local – Keeping Our Community Strong
Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) and HealthAlliance have always worked diligently to ensure that Hudson Valley residents have access to the finest medical care, as close to home as possible.
Our partnership with WMCHealth has preserved and strengthened HealthAlliance hospitals as vital assets to the community and is further enabling us to quickly begin bringing more advanced health services to our area. Together with WMCHealth, we’re Advancing Care. Here.
We’re Making Long-Term Investments
• WMCHealth plans to invest $133.6 million over the next five years to transform the delivery of healthcare in Ulster County.
• Our investment includes developing a new, state-of-the-art “hospital of the future” at the Mary’s Avenue Campus and creating a vibrant “medical village” at the Broadway Campus.
We’re Keeping Healthcare Local
• We have preserved a full-service community hospital and healthcare services for Kingston and critical access services for Margaretville open and available to provide care for our region today and for the future.
• In anticipation of the developments on the Mary’s Avenue and Broadway campuses, our virtual medical village will bring more care and services to midtown Kingston with dozens of community partners.
• Ulster and Delaware counties now have access to groundbreaking telehealth services to connect patients with advanced care specialists.
We’re Keeping Our Community Strong
• We are recruiting more physicians to work alongside our excellent clinical staff to expand healthcare services locally.
• We have increased wages for all of our staff to ensure they are fairly compensated and able to stay in our community to provide care.
• All of our investments will foster a strong and robust healthcare infrastructure and will serve as an economic driver for our region.
We’re Providing Quality Care Close to Home
HealthAlliance is an integrated healthcare system committed to providing high-quality and compassionate medical care for our patients, their families and our community. We are dedicated to offering a full range of services and medical options, while continually working to improve the quality of care available in our area.
Our multi-campus healthcare system consists of the Mary’s Avenue Campus, Broadway Campus, Margaretville Hospital and Mountainside Residential Care Center, a skilled nursing facility.
Our comprehensive services, programs and technologies are accessible right where you need them — close to home. You can trust that our highly trained and caring staff puts the needs of our patients first.
Keeping Healthcare Local – Keeping Our Community Strong
At HealthAlliance, our physicians, employees and volunteers have worked hard to ensure that high-quality healthcare remains available locally, and we will continue making long-term investments in keeping care local and keeping our communities strong.
HealthAlliance is proud to have served our community for 115 years. Every year, our hospitals provide quality medical care to 70,000 people and provide more than $1.7 million in charity care, a vital aspect of our mission. As Ulster County’s largest employer, HealthAlliance provides for more than 1,900 jobs and $75 million in salaries in the community while supporting local businesses and local organizations.
We’re Accredited, Certified and Nationally Recognized
• HealthAlliance hospitals are fully accredited by DNV-GL, a partner for safer healthcare, providing quality-driven accreditation and clinical excellence certifications to America’s hospitals.
• Gold Plus Award/Get with the Guidelines/Stroke from American Heart Association.
• American College of Radiology designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
Need for Fair Reimbursement
As we expand access to healthcare services locally — and invest considerably in our community — we remain challenged by below-market reimbursement rates from Empire BlueCross BlueShield. Beyond that, Empire BlueCross BlueShield’s decision to treat the HealthAlliance Hospitals as “out of network” means many people in our community now have fewer options and will have to travel farther for their care. This negatively impacts thousands of Ulster and Delaware county residents who are insured by Empire BlueCross BlueShield by depriving them of access to care in the community in which they live and work.
All other WMCHealth hospitals are in the Empire BlueCross BlueShield network, including nearby MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie. Just as we have raised pay at our hospitals to fairly compensate our excellent staff, we expect to be reimbursed fairly for the care our staff provides to our patients every day.
We’re Advocating for You
WMCHealth is vigorously pursuing a legal remedy to ensure HealthAlliance hospitals are fairly compensated for the quality care our talented staff provides. While HealthAlliance hospitals may remain out of network with Empire BlueCross BlueShield, we have worked tirelessly to ensure that all patients have access to the local care and services they are used to and deserve, including access protected by law to HealthAlliance hospitals.
Choose Your Local Hospital for Emergency Care
If you have an emergency, or need services, rest assured that HealthAlliance is here to provide the care you need and that Empire BlueCross BlueShield must cover all emergency care provided at all HealthAlliance facilities. And should you need care beyond the emergency room, as part of WMCHealth you have access to quality care through MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie and other WMCHealth facilities that we trust.