Rehabilitation Program (Swing Bed)
What is a Swing Bed Program?
The Swing Bed Program provides short term care in a hospital setting for a variety of patients who need care after hospitalization for an acute problem. If your condition has stabilized, but you are not ready to go home yet, you may be eligible for the Swing Bed Program at Margaretville Hospital.
Whether you need five days or five weeks of recovery time, Margaretville Hospital has a dedicated, experienced and compassionate staff ready to help you get back home.
Advantages of the Swing Bed Program
- Weekly interdisciplinary meetings involving patient, family, physician and staff discussing progress and updates
- Receive the best care in a hospital setting by utilizing the hospital staff, services and beds
- Comprehensive physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy services, staffed with licensed professionals working in a newly remodeled department
Our Swing Bed Program at Margaretville Hospital also features:
- Individualized activities
- A wide variety of respiratory services
- Effective pain control
- Detailed discharge planning
Examples of situations suitable for the Swing Bed Program:
- IV Therapy
- Wound Care
- Post-orthopedic Surgery Care
- Pain Management
For further information about Margaretville Hospital’s Swing Bed Program please call Carol Bouton, Patient Services at (845) 586-2631 ext. 3235 or ext. 3262.