Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program
HealthAlliance of the Hudson Valley’s Mary’s Ave Campus, in conjunction with the Ulster County District Attorney’s Office, operates a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program.
The SANE Program provides:
- Services by specially trained SANE registered nurses offered 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Free of charge services to victims of sexual assault.
- Access to nurses who are trained in forensic evidence gathering techniques and the psychological needs of the victim.
- Private and separate areas where all services are performed.
- Shower facilities, toiletries and replacement clothing if needed.
- Counseling and support, through the Crime Victims Assistance Program (CVAP), to victims who choose to file a report (within 30 days).
If an injury requires immediate medical treatment, the patient is referred to the hospital’s emergency department for further evaluation and treatment.
Kingston, NY 12401
Telephone: (845) 331-3131